Ref : MARC / 2 days
The objective of this training course is to provide the methodological basics and best practices necessary for Application Architecture and IT Strategy Planning projects. Its content has been developed through the experience gained by MEGA consultants on numerous projects of this type and provides a composite of responses to problems encountered in a broad range of sectors (Banking, Insurance, Industry, Services etc.).
Who should attend?
- IT Architects (Functional or Technical)
- IT Project Managers
- Methods Managers
- Discover MEGA’s recommended approach for Application Architecture Modeling and the toolset that embeds and supports this approach (reverse documentation, application mapping, technical infrastructure, analysis reports, etc.)
- Align the IT system with the strategic and operational objectives of the enterprise through IT Strategy planning
- Plan evolutions in the IT system in accordance with these objectives
- Master the use of MEGA Architecture through the implementation of the methods learned.
Main Principles: Getting Started with MEGA Architecture
- Modeling Principles
- Key Features of the toolset
- Repository, metamodel and diagrams
- Main concepts and viewpoints
Describing Application Architecture
- Inventorying application assets
- Breaking down an application into its components
- Describing the environment of an application
- Describing the internal architecture of an application
Modeling IT System Evolution
- Defining time on the “As Is” system
- Designing the “To Be” system
- Analyzing the gap
Describing Technical Infrastructure
- Inventorying sites
- Describing technical infrastructure
- Studying application deployment
IT Strategy Planning
- Using IT City Planning in MEGA to design a functional plan
- Analyzing flows between functional zones
- Defining the roadmap to achieve the objectives
Making best use of the MEGA repository
- Producing project related documentation, including Word Documents, Web Sites, and Analysis Reports
- Managing external references
- Using the explorer and the query tool
How is the seminar organized?
The course alternates theoretical explanations of methods to be implemented, presentations of associated tool functions, and practical exercises that allow participants to apply the theory learned on a realistic case.
The trainer for this course is an experienced consultant who has successfully led modeling projects and will be able to answer your questions on the proper use of MEGA and recommended application architecture methodologies