Flexibility and governance are key assets in new transformation tool
RAYNHAM, Mass.,Singapore, July 19, 2010 – MEGA, a leader in enterprise architecture (EA) solutions, today introduced MEGA for TOGAF, a new transformation tool in the MEGA Suite for companies who want to use The Open Groups Architecture Framework™© in order to govern, document and communicate effectively on their EA projects.
A key advantage of MEGA for TOGAF is the flexibility it offers in TOGAF 9 methodology adoption. It is a tool for IT and business transformation projects, and adds much needed governance and control features to ensure these projects are managed effectively. Users may choose to begin an EA project using MEGA for TOGAF, then move seamlessly to a wider implementation using MEGA Process (BPMN Edition) and MEGA Architecture.
MEGA for TOGAF will help users:
• Ensure EA project success by following the comprehensive Architecture Development Method (ADM).
• Facilitate project communication to all stakeholders with the collaborative development of TOGAF 9 deliverables.
• Customize the implementation of TOGAF and ensure all projects deliverables are aligned.
• Build current and future state transition architectures and compare them.
• Identify, document and publish technical reference models.
The new software offers a graphical, easy-to-use, model-driven environment for developing a highly effective EA practice. There is easy access to all TOGAF elements, with a dedicated navigator in the modeling desktop. In addition, the repository-based implementation facilitates the tracking of deliverables, automates documentation, and supports the re-use of project elements. It includes the TOGAF 9 content metamodel, so it does not require any other software or customization.
In association with this offering, MEGA has also launched an international certification program for consultants to become TOGAF 9 Certified.
MEGA for TOGAF will be available in September.