Large enterprises often have thousands of applications, some of which provide redundant functionalities or use obsolete technologies. This generates unnecessary costs and exposes the enterprise to avoidable risks. If you are an Application Portfolio Manager, you know that keeping track of the applications deployed, analyzing their total costs and benefits and creating a roadmap to an optimal landscape is impossible without the correct tools and training.
Who should attend?
- IT Portfolio Managers
- Enterprise Architects
- Key Application Owners
- Learn how to use HOPEX IT Portfolio Management to inventory and classify applications.
- Perform relevant analyses to identify problems and cost saving opportunities.
- Develop a management decision roadmap to optimize cost/benefits and minimize risks over application life-cycles.
Introduction to IT Portfolio Management
- Training Objectives
- ITPM Principles and Main Concepts
- ITPM Best Practices
Getting started with HOPEX IT Portfolio Management
- Product Features
- Navigation in the Web and Desktop toolsets
- Creating a Business Capability Map
Inventorying Enterprise Applications
- Creating and Updating Applications
- Collecting Pertinent information on Applications including:
- Business Lines
Evaluating your Application Portfolio
- Collaborative Portfolio Management
- Application Environment Report
- Gantt chart
Analyzing your application portfolio
- Portfolios of Applications
- Analysis Reports for Application Owners & Portfolio Managers
Transforming your application portfolio
- Business Capability Map for a Portfolio
- Transformation Portfolios
- Analysis Reports for Decision Makers
How is the seminar organized?
The course alternates theoretical explanations of methods to be implemented, presentations of associated tool functions, and practical exercises that allow participants to apply the theory learned on a realistic case. The trainer for this course is an experienced consultant who is an expert in the use of HOPEX IT Portfolio Management.