HOPEX IT Architecture helps support business innovation in the digital age by ensuring that business & IT roadmaps are aligned together. It provides the tools to map application and technology architecture while incorporating the latest technology available such as cloud, virtualization and internet of things. It helps plan and prioritize IT transformation projects to get from a current architecture to a future one.
With HOPEX IT Architecture, you can:
- Quickly respond to continuous changing market conditions by using a service architecture
- Cut IT costs by putting your IT systems under control
- Drive business change by turning strategic plans into IT projects
- Gain agility thanks to a clear view of your IT systems and how they work together
- Align business and IT roadmaps by mapping and assessing the IT assets required to support the planned business capabilities.
- Collect ideas, define and prioritize transformation IT projects.
- Describe the current and future IT landscape through a Service Oriented Architecture and the use of service catalogs
- Map services and applications, and how they interact with one another
- Describe the internal structure of an application and its technical components.
- Support today’s infrastructure including Cloud, virtualization, and IoT, and identify technical deployment requirements (technology & infrastructure)
IT Architecture in Three Steps
HOPEX IT Architecture ensures alignment with the business roadmap, while planning and prioritizing IT transformation projects. The IT Strategy feature provides IT Strategists with these functionalities:
- Assess the IT landscape and application functional scope using business capability maps. Identify critical IT assets for the business.
- Understand application functional coverage based on capabilities, business functions or logical applications
- Build the IT roadmap including transformation stages and objectives, and plan required IT assets
- Build IT projects to support the planned IT assets and prioritize them based on various criteria
- Create ideation campaigns or let users submit their ideas.
- Convert Ideas to IT projects.
With HOPEX IT Architecture, architects describe the application landscape using flows and software components. Software components can be of type application systems, applications, IT services, and micro-services. The solution supports the use of services that are described through service catalogs, while the defined services are implemented by physical architecture items. The solution provides four types of diagrams: at an enterprise level, architects can use environment diagrams to represent main exchanges only. At an application level, they can describe applications with scenario diagrams or structure diagrams. At a technical level, they can use technical architecture diagrams to describe application deployments.
- Only represent main exchanges between applications
- Place the application in its environment without considering its internal architecture
- Use scenario diagrams for quick and easy representation
- Depict the same application in multiple contexts or scenarios
- Model architecture through a service approach.
- Use exchange contracts to describe services provided by applications
Application Technical Architecture
- Show deployment architecture required for the physical installation of applications
- Describe technologies and communication protocols needed to run an application
Technology architects need to understand the technical infrastructure requirements when deploying new applications. They also need to depict the current technical architecture landscape and plan the evolution of infrastructure. With these features, technology architects can describe a collection of hardware and other equipment to run applications such as servers, workstations, IOT devices, as well as networks and exchange protocols.
- Make the inventory of infrastructure and software components hosted by infrastructure
- Determine infrastructure requirements to support deployed applications
- Describe infrastructure using up-to-date technologies including cloud, virtualization, and internet of things
HOPEX IT Architecture is integrated into HOPEX's single platform. That means you get enhanced synergies for advancing your business and IT transformation, as well as a clear, common view of key information about your organization.