6 Steps to Building a Business Case for IT Portfolio Management
Your company needs resource-rich (but cost-effective) IT systems that support innovation and business needs so that it can stay ahead of the competition and meet strategic goals. You know that IT portfolio management tools can be important in providing key information that will help your company make smarter investment decisions. But how do you convince executives to fund your idea?
With competing priorities and limited budgets, how do you persuade key stakeholders that an investment in ITPM will help the company tackle everyday challenges and propel it into the future?
This workbook covers 6 essential steps to guide you when building a business case for IT portfolio management at your organization.
- Define where you want to go
- Define where you are
- Identify your decision makers and stakeholders
- Create your value statements
- Show how ITPM drives transformation for others
- Demonstrate the value of ITPM and ways to measure it