6 Steps to GDPR Compliance-by-Design
Accelerate your journey to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is complex and will have significant impact to your business. On the one hand, GDRP standardizes data protection legislation for all EU member nations, potentially simplifying your compliance initiatives. On the other, it expands the scope of data protection, and likely increases your liabilities. The one certainty of the GDPR is that compliance will be a complex, business-wide initiative that spans people, process, technology – and data.
The GDPR goes into effect in May 2018, but few businesses are ready. With our 6-step approach we help you assess and implement an effective GDPR compliance strategy.
Download the white paper to learn how to accelerate your journey to GDPR compliance in 6 steps:
- Perform a preliminary GDPR impact assessment
- Identify the compliance priorities through a data inventory reflecting the need and use of the data
- Complete a Data Privacy Impact Assessment (DPIA)
- Implement a remediation plan including business process analysis
- Tracks incidents to identify data breach and/or if the incident directly results in non-compliance
- Demonstrate compliance with comprehensive and accurate reports
Our offering is GDPR-specific and it draws on the advanced mapping and documentation capabilities of our HOPEX platform, providing a collaborative workspace for Data Protection Officers (DPO) and other compliance leaders in your organization. From HOPEX GDPR, they can centrally manage various aspects of GDPR compliance, including data inventory, business process analysis, risk assessment, and compliance reporting.