HOPEX System Oriented IT Architecture enables enterprises and other organizations to represent and document their IT architectures according to a service oriented architecture approach. In particular, this module teaches Application Architects best practices for modeling Physical Application Architectures.
Who should attend?
- Application Architects
- IT Project Managers
- Learn how to design the architecture of applications, their interfaces, databases and their behaviors.
- Design interfaces from a SOA perspective.
- Define Use Case scenarios with System Processes.
- Align applications to a reference IT architecture.
- Determine technology platform dependencies.
- Understand the value of a repository based tool to achieve these objectives.
Introduction to Architecture
- Convergence of different factors: need to manage increasing complexity, Standard EA Frameworks and new modeling techniques.
- Definitions of System Architecture
- Organizing Architectures in HOPEX Libraries
Introduction to Software Architecture
- From program instructions to modular software architectures
- Enabling rich application systems
- SOA & Applications
Physical Application Architecture
- Physical Application Layer in EA Architecture
- Services interfaces in MEGA SOIA: Exchange Contracts
- Applications & IT Services
- Application Systems, Applications, Application Environments
- Application Systems & System processes
- Logical Application Layer in EA Architecture
- Mapping Physical Applications to logical applications
Mastering the HOPEX Enterprise Repository
- Organizing the repository using HOPEX libraries
- Producing project related documentation
- Using the query tools
- Working as a team
The course alternates theoretical explanations of methods to be implemented, presentations of associated tool functions, and practical exercises that allow participants to apply the theory learned on a realistic case.