Who is MEGA?
MEGA is a SaaS software company, headquartered in Paris, France, with offices in 10 countries and clients worldwide. We are leaders in the domains of Enterprise Architecture and GRC (Governance Risk and Compliance).
Our goal is to support business transformation. We believe that transformation is a collaborative effort, so we created a single SaaS platform that connects IT leaders, process owners, risk managers and data governance officers. As transformation is a complex effort, we give them access to a single repository that helps them plan and adapt to change.
We are a team of 350 multi-cultural and dynamic professionals, who create, sell and implement software for the largest companies. Our clients include large banks, insurance companies, public administration, airspace, energy, and many more.
Our software platform, HOPEX, is recognized as a clear leader in its field. We invest year on year on new technology and innovation to keep our competitive lead.
We also believe that a company’s success is based on its people, so we make it a priority to hire the best and help our employees evolve within the company, throughout departments and offices.
About your job
As a senior member of MEGA’s Finance team, the Senior Accountant ensures that all finance and administrative activities of the business are professionally executed in a conformity with MEGA’s corporate standards.
You will report directly to our VP of Finance and will work closely with the CFO and HR team based in Paris.
Your success managing finance activities for MEGA UK and Germany requires that you be highly disciplined and organized. You must enjoy a fast-paced environment that requires you to manage multiple priorities at the same time. You are engaged with members of the leadership team, who will look to you for deliverables that directly impact their effectiveness in managing their respective businesses.
What will be your responsibilities?
Support the SVP & Managing Director of UK and DACH to prepare the annual budget including inputting budget into our reporting tool (Adaptive).
Work with the part-time AR and AP team
- Monthly preparation of financial statements, account reconciliation, and cash flow forecasting
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Process employee expenses
- Generate journal entries for prepaid expenses and deferred revenues
- Generate and process purchase orders
- Prepare invoices for software sales; validate with appropriate sales director
- Invoice customers for all software sales and annual maintenance
- Manage vendors payments
- Calculate sales, presales and consultants’ commissions and prepare monthly statements for all employees on commission
Work with outside tax accountant to prepare workpapers and documentation required for tax return filings and audit requests. A good understanding of Sales tax in the Software industry and UK as well as German tax requirements is a plus.
Working with the Operations Administrator – Professional Services:
- Review monthly invoicing for customers and maintain status of payment
- Update control sheets to provide visibility into remaining budget for active Statements of Work
- Preparation of half year closing package to support the consolidation process
Other administrative topics:
- Maintain accurate payroll information in Adaptive including new hires
- Liaise with building management and oversee general office operations. Act as point of contact for property management in the event of office/building issues and updates
- Administer business insurance policies, under the Corporate Legal Counsel Manager
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field with a concentration in accounting
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience
- Proficient in Xero
- Ability to develop proficiency with Adaptive and Salesforce
- Proficiency in MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Skills about SaaS accounting process would be “a plus”
Why join us?
As an international leader in our market, we develop software to support companies in their continuous, agile and responsible digital transformation for the benefit of their own customers and employees.We pay particular attention to personal development, continuous learning, well-being at work and the quality of relations between our employees.
By joining us you will have
- Experts at your side who will make you progress continuously
- Regular internal and external training
- A healthy, friendly, intellectually challenging and professional working environment
- An active role to play in a growing leading company
- Flexible work organization (remote work)
- Clear goals and self-organization
- Opportunities for professional development, including abroad
Full time contract position to be fulfilled asap
Location : Our Headquarters in Paris