MEGA International is a medium-sized, independent software company with a global leadership position, thanks to our employees’ talent and our strong relationships with 700+ Customers across the globe. We operate in over 40 countries, developing and marketing software solutions to help Customers improve their business and IT agility for rapid innovation in the digital world. Our software solutions, which bring together industry-leading practices in enterprise architecture (EA), IT portfolio management (ITPM), business process analysis (BPA), and governance, risk, and compliance (GRC), provide the visibility and tools companies need to navigate change and improve decision-making, with a sharp focus on their business needs.
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include reproducing customer issues related to the HOPEX platform and opening requests for correction to the R&D department.
To qualify the customer issue, it might be necessary to contact the customer and use remote desktop connections. You will primarily use email to give clients quick answers to simple HOPEX issues.
For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions.
To be qualified for this role, you should:
- Have a good Knowledge of English language technical vocabulary (Spanish a plus)
- Hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering.
- Microsoft certification is a plus.
If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and can explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be the person our customers rely on you to provide timely and accurate information and status on open cases.
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities
- Provide customers with Technical Support on the entire range of MEGA solutions.
- Manages cases and request diagnostics of applications in its areas of expertise.
- Accurately track and document all incident information in the Corporate CRM system.
- Support clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue, when a workaround is available.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. R&D department)
- Provide prompt and accurate information to customers regarding the status of an open case.
- Leverage the Knowledge Base (KB) to speed up resolution.
- Contribute to growing the KB in areas of primary expertise.
- Conduct post-mortems when requested by management.
Professional requirements for the Technical Support Engineer
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Good understanding of computer systems and other tech products
- Hands-on experience with Windows and Windows Server Operating Systems
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Eager to learn new and complex SW solutions
- Good oral and written English Skills (Spanish a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Additional Microsoft certification is a plus
Place of work: Raynham (MA)
Send your CV by mail under "Techsup" reference to the following address : firstname.lastname@example.org