BOSTON, December 1, 2015 – MEGA International will host a webinar series in December and January to show how companies can take control of sprawling IT assets and reduce IT risks by using IT portfolio management and IT risk management techniques.
The first webinar will be Thursday, December 10 at 1 pm EST; the second episode will be Thursday, January 21 at 1 pm EST.
At the December event, attendees will learn how to:
- inventory and evaluate the IT portfolio against business needs
- streamline the IT landscape
- monitor and manage IT risks to balance costs and productivity
“The rapid expansion of IT has created more complexity and a lack of visibility into IT assets in most companies,” noted Kevin Costa, webinar speaker and business transformation expert at MEGA. “They face rising costs from technology obsolescence, redundant IT assets and high maintenance expenses.”
IT departments also have to manage IT risks that develop from compliance regulations, third-party vendors, security issues and ‘shadow’ IT.
“When companies can plan the evolution of the IT portfolio and manage IT risks, they can win the battle over IT complexity,” Costa continued.
MEGA offers integrated solutions for IT portfolio management and IT risk management:
- HOPEX IT Portfolio Management helps companies evaluate the business value, cost, risk and performance of each IT asset and create a roadmap that shows how to add and retire technologies at the right time. It is integrated with BDNA Technopedia™, providing detailed information on the software technology of manufacturers worldwide.
- HOPEX IT Risk Management helps organizations understand the business impact of IT risks so they can fully support corporate objectives. It provides an automated means to pinpoint and mange threats to IT assets.
The company has long been recognized for its innovation in business solutions by industry analysts. Gartner, Inc. has named MEGA as a leader in its EA Magic Quadrant reports for seven consecutive years. In 2015, MEGA was recognized by GRC 20/20 with the GRC Technology Innovator Award.