Naval Group : Implement a High-Performance Quality Management System Based on Process Modeling
In 2015, Naval Group’s quality assurance department noted a series of operating inefficiencies and quality issues resulting from incorrect implementations of defined processes. The organization’s quality department therefore initiated a project to revamp its Business Management Systems (BMS).
HOPEX Business Process Analysis was selected as the chosen solution in order to meet four main objectives:
- Simplify and standardize processes
- Share process-related information
- Effective collaboration with all appropriate stakeholders
- To be able to continuously demonstrate the effectiveness of the new system
Simplified and easily accessible processes that underpin quality delivery
The results obtained by Naval Group through HOPEX process modeling are:
- A simpler and clearer description of processes,
- More efficient sharing of documentation (resource utilization reduced by 75%),
- The provision of a collaborative portal for all stakeholders to access the information defined by their job function
- Optimized processes, strategy and operational outcomes,
- Easier adherence to international standards expected by customers and required by regulatory authorities
" 100% of our operations are now documented in our BMS. HOPEX is the solution for structuring our views of our business processes, with their interfaces, content, and related documentation ". Thibaut Farineau, Head of Performance Quality and System Quality, Naval Group.
About NAVAL GROUP:
Naval Group is the European Leader in naval defense. As an international high-tech company, the Group produces and supports submarines and surface ships, and provides services for naval shipyards and bases. In addition, the group offers a wide range of marine renewable energy solutions. Aware of its corporate social responsibilities, Naval Group is a member of the United Nations Global Compact.